Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 15:38:23 -0700
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MIT-SHM Segment wont die

I have this application that is crashing every now and then, and leaving
around a shared memory segment:

Message Queues:
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP

Shared Memory:
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP
m 21757960          0 --rwarwarwa  henrich    staff

Semaphores:
T     ID     KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP

But ipcrm as me or root wont remove it, I have to reboot.  Any ideas why, or
how to work around this?

3:36pm sigbus> ipcrm -m 21757960
ipcrm: shmid(21757960): : Invalid argument

-Crh

      Charles Henrich    ** This space for rent **     henrich@sigbus.com

                       http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich