Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:41:00 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, <srrao@india.hp.com>
Subject:   Re: Dual stack

Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de> types:
> Srinivasa Rao wrote:
> > Is freeBsd 4.0+ supports dual IPv6/v4 stacks, if so can any one give
> > pointers to configure IPV4/V6 stacks in freeBsd source code, I mean how
> > can I enable (disable) dual stacks. Is there any general documentation
> > available on KAME kit integration into freeBsd source code.
> FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE supported both IPv4 and IPv6. Just edit the
> respective options in your kernel configuration file and recompile.

INET6 is on in GENERIC by default, but off in the system by
default. If you're running the default kernel - GENERIC - you need add
'ipv6_enable="YES"' to /etc/rc.conf, and probably other things from
/etc/defaults/rc.conf as well. Rebooting will cause those settings to
take effect, but you ought to be able to get it to start by running
the appropriate scripts from etc.

	<mike