Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:22:59 +0100
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs pserver sig11 on 4.8-R

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 11:46:31AM +0100, Scott Mitchell wrote:
[ Stuff about the cvs server in 4.8-R crashing every so often.  A long
  discussion about memory testing followed... ]

To wrap this thread up somewhat, a patch supplied by Ruslan Ermilov (ru@)
has made the problem go away.  See PR bin/54854 for details.

I'm now attempting to get this fix committed back to the official cvs, and
thus eventually back into FreeBSD, so I'm not condemned to running an old
version forever, or remembering to reapply the patch at every upgrade :-(

Thanks to all who replied.  At least I know a bit more about memory testing
than I did when this all started :-)

Cheers,

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon