Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:05:01 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        orville weyrich <weyrich_comp@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Has anybody EVER successfully recovered VINUM?

--siH5g6X9/kbebbtM

On Thursday,  9 December 2004 at  7:06:35 -0800, orville weyrich wrote:
> See below
> --- Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee> wrote:
>> I once had a problem with *invalid* vinum drive which was solved
>> following this advice from Greg Lehey:
>>
>> http://makeashorterlink.com/?V29425BF9

That's a different issue, of course.

> So the procedure that worked for you was???
>
> resetconfig

=46rom the man page:

     resetconfig
             The resetconfig command completely obliterates the vinum confi=
gu-
             ration on a system.  Use this command only when you want to co=
m-
             pletely delete the configuration.=20

This doesn't sound like what you want to do.  Which part of
http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/replacing-drive.html is a problem for
you?

Greg

--siH5g6X9/kbebbtM