Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:16:47 +0000
From:      <lawrence.petrykanyn@sympatico.ca>
To:        sonicy@otenet.gr
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation Disc Won't Boot

Hi, Manoliis:

I took your advice.  I copied the burned iso file into a FreeBSD directory
and ran md5 and the check digits did not match.  I then copied my downloaded
iso image from Win98 into FreeBSD and ran md5 and the digits did match.  So
there was nothing wrong with the iso of disc1 that I downloaded from the web
site into Win98.  It must have been the burning of the file in Win98 with
Nero Express that was the problem.

So I burned another copy of the iso in FreeBSd with burncd using:
   burncd -f /dev/acd1 6.2-RELEASE-i386.iso fixate
and it booted just fine.

Thanks for all of your suggestions and advice.  Now I will be spending the
better part of the weekend doing the installation of 6.2.  Wish me luck.

Have a great day,
Larry