Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 08:36:51 -0500
From:      "Larry S. Marso" <larry@marso.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pci video card suggestions?

I'm looking for a trouble-free PCI video card for about $100.

I have a Trident Providea 9685 4MB card, which just won't work higher than
-bpp 8 with XFree86.

The XFree86 docs speak at length about what cards are compatible, etc., but
nowhere are, e.g., three very well regarded cards recommended.

P.S. I don't play Quake.  I'd like enough onboard memory to be able to run
at 1024x768 at 16 or 32 bpp, with good responsiveness.  Relatively modest
goals.

Thank you for any ideas.

Best regards
--