Date:      Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:17:26 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tape drive

> > There probably is a procedure to get around this problem (or I may be
> > seeing a problem where there is not one), what is the prefered
> > procedure for using IDE drives for backup?
>
> There isn't one yet.  I'm still thinking about it.  There may also be
> driver problems with replacing disks, but I'm sure we can fix them if
> there are.

	What kind of problems would this cause? I've got a IDE drawer and
docking bay that I've been thinking about throwing back into my computer
system. My experiences with it were in under Dos and Windows95. Under Dos
you could pull the drive out and replace it, even if it was running the OS
with no real problems. Win95 completely hated it, pulling out a backup
drive then plugging another in would cause 95 to completly lock up. I
would think that since FreeBSD can mount an unmount drives, there should
be no problems with it that way.

						Rick