Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 18:58:36 -0500
From:      "Doug Poland" <doug@polands.org>
To:        "John Turner" <john@drexeltech.com>
Cc:        "ListServer FreeBSD Questions" <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Cable modem ISP keeps timing out

Well, my connection dropped out about 15 minutes after
the RoadRunner tech when home for the weekend.

I tried doing an #ifconfig ed0 down but it gave me
this message...

	natd[2523]: failed to write packet back (Network is down)

That message may be from the ping that's hung on another
console.

ifconfig ed0 down does not appear to do anything.
When I do an ifconfig -ua immediately after, it still says
ed0 is up.

A subsequent ifconfig ed0 up has no effect either.  The only
way I can get the connection back is to reboot.  There
must be another way, however.

Regards,
Doug