Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 2002 16:08:04 -0700
From:      "Michael W. Collette" <metrol@metrol.net>
Cc:        mbr@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   OpenOffice port weirdness

Decided to give this one a shot the other day.  After the download I caught
the note about the modifications to the kernel config, which I completed.
Went back and did a make clean, as I had cancelled it following the note,
then attempted a make install.

The port then properly extracts, applies patches, and configures for the
build.  I then get a message that the build is about to begin.  This dumps me
right to a command prompt, without any further error message.

After futzing with it for a while, I came to discover that the command prompt
it dumped me on was at least 2 levels deep shelled.  Had to type exit twice
before I was out of it.

Here's my uname...
4.6-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-PRERELEASE #18: Thu Jun  6 02:40:09 PDT 2002
Using an IBM Thinkpad with a PIII processor.

I didn't use any switches for a different compiler, or anything else at all.
So far as I can tell, all the dependant ports are properly installed.  I
believe my ports tree is cvsup'd to about as current as it gets.

I'm pulling down the package that Martin posted a little earlier at the
moment.  Gonna give that a shot and see if I have any better luck.  Either
way, I thought someone would want to hear about this glitch.

Later on,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."