Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 13:42:08 -0400
From:      Jason Selwitz <case@superior.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PCM Audio Question

Hello I'm having a strange problem with my PCM audio output under
FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE  using an SB Live Value.. everyonce in a while the
pcm audio will cut out this does not affect line in audio or mic audio
the only solution I can find to this is to reboot the machine, I was
wondering if anyone has any tips on resolving this problem or if someone
knows any way to somehow restart the audio subsystem without rebooting
the machine.. thanks in advance..