Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:25:02 GMT
From:      "Onur BA&#350;TÜRK" <basturkonur@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/115009: While installing system an error appearing at fdisk section saying "Your disc geometry is wrong"

>Number:         115009
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       While installing system an error appearing at fdisk section saying "Your disc geometry is wrong"
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I downloaded i386 6.2-RELEASE ISO images and then burned it, booted my machine with this discs to start the installation process.Main installation menu appeared.I continued my installation with custom way.I wanted to fdisk my HDD, but a message appeared saying "disc geometry is wrong" and on fdisk screen it assumed the disc geometry as 9733/255/63.I was continued installation by partitioning disk and etc.When installer was begun to copying files an error has appeared again just saying "... unable to copy ... /dev/ad*s*".
I digged internet to find a solution and i found.As a solution i booted installation disc with SAFE option by pressing 3.That time "disc geometry is wrong " messeage appeared again but when i was continued the installation i got no error and copying the files to HDD was succesful.
So installation completed and I was rebooted my computer.As i was choose standard FreeBSD Boot Manager showed up and then i choose FreeBSD by pressing F1.I booted FreeBSD with Default option by pressing 1 and after my computer alerted with sound warnings and there was a message "Wrong boot sector.Press Y to fix or any key to abort".As I mentioned above I was pressed Y to fix it but nothing was happen :(
Im not be able to show you a log because there is no OS to record log :) But I have to say there some outputs about UDMA... failure etc. while was trying to fix.
So there is no information about this thing on internet.
Sorry about my horrible english.
Cheers.
>How-To-Repeat:
I tried to install again, again and again.But it did not helped that situation.