Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 2016 16:14:24 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fsck is failing to clean a filesystem

In freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 610, Issue 2, Message: 12
On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 15:25:41 -0800 Paul Beard <paulbeard@gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
 > > On Feb 8, 2016, at 2:36 PM, Anton Sayetsky <vsasjason@gmail.com> wrote:
 > >
 > > Do you have free space on partition?
 >
 > Yes. After mounting readonly and starting networking, I can get better information.
 >
 > Filesystem           Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
 > /dev/gpt/gprootfs    1.9G    847M    974M    47%    /
 > devfs                1.0K    1.0K      0B   100%    /dev
 > /dev/gpt/gptmpfs     248M     52K    228M     0%    /tmp
 > /dev/gpt/gpvarfs     4.8G    4.5G    338K   100%    /var
 > fdescfs              1.0K    1.0K      0B   100%    /dev/fd
 > /dev/gpt/gpusrfs      53G     42G    7.1G    85%    /usr

Paul, I've read the thread.  I know your problem is with /usr, but I
find the fact that /var is full or too nearly so rather concerning, and
wonder whether that might have contributed to your problem in some way,
and whether freeing up some space there might yet help?

Also, does 'du /usr/lost+found' reveal anything?

cheers, Ian