Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:40:19 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Grant Wagner <kithera@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can not compile kernel.

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 04:40:13PM -0800, Grant Wagner wrote:
> Hi, although have used various forms of unix for quite a while, I still c=
onsider myself a rather novice user. I have reciently reconfigured my machi=
ne to dual boot FreeBSD 6.2 and Windows (damn gaming addiction).
>=20
> I have installed a basic system (only base, games, man and src distros) a=
nd modified my /etc/make.conf to look like the following...
>=20

> > CFLAGS=3D -O3 -pipe -funroll-loops -ffast-math
> > COPTFLAGS=3D -O2 -pipe -funroll-loops -ffast-math

Step 0) Note the warning about changing these settings in
/usr/share/examples/etc/make.conf and in the make.conf manpage.

Step 1) Revert those silly optimizations back to the default

Step 2) Rebuild everything to undo the damage

Kris

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2--