Date:      Sun, 24 Oct 1999 01:19:49 +0100
From:      Jean-Mark Dupoux <jeanm@dupx.freeserve.co.uk>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   error messages

Is there a listing or any documentation on what error messages mean ?

I get the same  message when trying to install from dos-partition or
from floppies

"write failure on transfer :  wrote -1 bytes of 1024 bytes".

have concluded this installation will probably  not get off the ground
now,   release 3.3 just doesnt seem to like my  hard drive, although i
thought this was as standard as could be,  but would still be interesing
to figure out why.

a freeBSD failure.....