Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 95 17:04 WET DST
From:      uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Frank Durda IV)
To:        current@Freebsd.org
Subject:   Support for WD8003E abandoned?

I have a site that has been trying to install 2.0.5, toying
with a migration from Linux.  However, the WD8003E card he has
is not detected under FreeBSD, despite carefully setting all
the parameters in UserConfig.

I plan to visit the site today, but since this guy installs hardware
for ISPs, I think he knows what he is doing.

I tried the same thing on 2.1.0-951026-SNAP on three WD8003EB boards
I have around here.  They are all detected, but none work!

I removed the 8013EW-C board I had installed (and working great) and replaced
it with one of the WD8003EB boards.  I/O port for all boards is 0x280,
memory address for all is 0xd4000.

On the WD8003EB boards, I tried interrupt 2, 3 and 7.   None seem to
work.  I always get ed0: timeout errors.

(LPT1 was changed in the EISA config to LPT2/IRQ5 and COM2 was disabled.
I ran the 8013 on IRQ 2 and the 8003EB works well on IRQ2/9 under DOS.)

On the WD8003EB boards, INIT is not strapped and ROM SIZE is set to 16K,
although no ROM is present.  the AUI/BNC straps are set to BNC.
The only interrupt choices available on these boards is 2, 3, 4, and 7,
according to EZSETUP 2.1, 4.4 and 4.6.

Did we drop support of these 8-bit cards and I wasn't paying attention?
Whatever the problem is, it might reach back to 2.0.5RELEASE.

The card I am looking at right now (that works under DOS and Windows '95 -
I don't have Linux anywhere) says:
	WD8003EB	X7	37901
	61-600245-06	MADE IN P.R.

I'll be happy to dig into this further if someone can provide a direction.
Thanks.

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|"The Knights who say "LETNi"
or uhclem%nemesis@fw.ast.com (Fastest Route)| demand...  A SEGMENT REGISTER!!!"
...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem               |"A what?"
...decvax!fw.ast.com!nemesis!uhclem         |"LETNi! LETNi! LETNi!"  - 1983