Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:32:42 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: after update - not all jpeg files are displayable

on 28/07/2009 17:41 Oliver Lehmann said the following:
> Hi,
>
> after updating several ports including gtk20 and jpeg, I noticed, that
> several JPEG files are no longer displayable in gtk applications like
> gqview or my xfce (Desktop background).
> It worked fine before and I can still open it in Gimp, but other GTK
> applications are not able to display it. It is not happening to all JPEG
> files.
>
> I wonder what got broken here. I've put an example file online here:
>
> http://files.pofo.de/Final_Frontier.jpg

I can reproduce it here with gqview but in an interesting way - sometimes it's
displayed properly, sometimes it's just a black square, sometimes a corrupted image.

My test case - start gqview in a directory with several images, all are displayed
properly in a preview pane, then randomly click preview thumbs (many many times).

Upstream issue?

--
Andriy Gapon