Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:59:09 -0700
From:      "gummibear@nettaxi.com" <gummibear@nettaxi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail, email, and dates - why are the dates all weird?

Hello all!

This is sort of pertaining to Sendmail and email in general.

Why is it when I get email, the dates are off in the email?  What sets the date on the email?  Is it the forwarding Sendmail servers?

The reason why I ask this question is because my boss is upset that when she receives mail the date and time on the email can be a day ahead, or something like that, and I'm trying to give her a technical answer as to why.

Is there a way to trace the hops that email travels?  Like from Sendmail to Sendmail or something?

Joey