Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:17:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jered T. Huegen" <jhuegen@lt1.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, XFree86@XFree86.org
Subject:   Trident 9397 and X - problems when closing the LCD

I acquired a Gateway Solo 9100 laptop running 4.5-STABLE. Since the first
install of FreeBSD on this laptop, I haven't been able to close the lid on
this laptop without confusing X (version 3.3.6.10).

I can leave the LCD open and it will work fine. The instant I close the
lid and reopen it, the screen turns black and there are a series of blue
vertical lines that appear on the screen. The only way to get out of it is
to kill X via CTRL-ALT-BKSP and restart X.

I disabled APM in both the BIOS and in the kernel to rule out a problem
there. Still no luck. I was wondering if anyone else has an issue similar
to this and if they have found a fix for it.

Jered