Date:      Sat, 02 Oct 2004 08:42:33 -0500
From:      edwinculp <edwinculp@prodigy.net.mx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   skype and audio distortion (aka: donald duck imitation)

I've installed skype and am able to call with no problem.  The recieving end hears me as if I were there but when they respond it sounds like a bad imitation of Donald Duck.  I've tried using the connection test service of skype, echo123 with the same results, both the skype voice and my recorded and played back voice sound like Donald Duck.  I've tried it on different machines with different sound chipsets and it seems to be accross the board.

Has anyone experienced this?  Were you able to fix it?  Is it working as expected for anyone without distortion?

Any suggestions appreciated.

TIA,

ed