Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 04:32:05 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sender domain must exist

>I have installed the freebsd 4.1 to connect the intranetwork with the
>internet. Your conections with internet is dial-up with static ip. When I
>try send the email from server (mail command) all rigth. But when I try
>send the email from computer in intranet (ip invalid) the sendmail return
>the message:
>
>tom sendmail[601]: JAA00601: ruleset=check_mail, arg1=<f
>ortnet@192.168.1.1>, relay=[192.168.1.2], reject=501
><fortnet@192.168.1.1>... Se
>nder domain must exist

sender domain means

MAIL FROM:<sender@senderdomain>

You don't have a sender domain in your header. It should be a FQDN,
Fully Qualified Domain Name, but yours is just an ip address:

<fortnet@192.168.1.1>

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8.2.2 p5 & 8.2.3 T6B for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com:  Build free, hi-perf, anti-spam mail gateways