Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:51:47 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca>
Subject:   Re: amd64/73211: FAST_IPSEC broken on amd64

>>>>> "David" == David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org> writes:

David> On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 02:14:04PM -0400, David Gilbert wrote:
>> After attempting to obtain a dump, it would appear that this crash
>> won't produce a dump.  It might be memory corruption as the tech
>> reported this crash to be a General Protection Fault in kernel
>> mode.

David> Download the latest memtest86+ ISO image from www.memtest.org,
David> burn it to CDROM, and see if all your RAM passes.

Since we've stresstested this box with packets and compiling and other
chores, I strongly suspect the memory is not at fault.  The memory is
also registered ECC.

I'll have them run memory tests, but I'm at least the second
independant person to report that FAST_IPSEC and amd64 are broken.

The difference between the divide error and the GPF error was
recompiling the kernel to dump --- so it's possible (I'm not in front
of the machine) that the GPF is a second panic when it tries to dump.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave@daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |