Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 1996 18:06:04 -0600
From:      David Rose <drose@awav.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Still no go

Hi,

 I'm still dead in the water with 'user ppp' connecting through my providers
 Ascend Max200. I called my ISP provider and all he could tell me is that
 it will not prompt for username or password. I have FreeBSD and Windows95
 both on this machine and Windows95 will connect though this Server/Router.
 He did say that it uses PAP to authenticate and I have tried PAP without
 any luck. Apparently, I'm doing something wrong but I'm not sure what.
 If anyone can assist I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

 David Rose.