Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 1999 01:46:00 -0600
From:      mideyon <leoric@fastlane.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   modem question

This is kinda off topic but I am looking to buy a new modem and am not
exactly sure what I should get. I am of course looking for something
that works well with freebsd, is external, and is 56k v.90. People have
reccomended that I get a USR courier but I dont want to spend all that
money if my connection will not be faster than with something like a 56k
sportster. With a Hayes Accura external 56k I connect at around 31.2
kbps, with an internal 56k motorola modemsurfer i get around 33.6 kbps.
Could anyone who has used these modems estimate what my connection speed
with a courier might be based on the connect speeds of the other modems
or even reccomend a different modem? Thnx in advance.