Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 21:17:25 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Dan O'Connor <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Subject:   Re: cvsup is y2k compliant, right?

Dan O'Connor wrote:

> This is just a WAG, but if it's anything like Perl, 2000 will show up as
> "100". (In Perl, you get 1999, 2000, 2001, etc. by adding '1900' to the
> year, not by prepending the two digits '19'.)

That's the same in C. man localtime, and look at the comment next to
tm_year. (cvsup isn't written in C, I know, but what you say certainly
isn't Perl specific.)

As for the original question, I vaguely recall hearing that it will use
2000 in the year 2000, and that two digit years are only used for years
less than 2000. This could have been about something else though, I just
vaguely remember it was something CVS related.

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and