Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 12:41:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Elf linker question.

I'm doing some work in a 3.0 system using the elf linker.
It seems that the new linker is insisting on me including libraries
that I never needed before.. In other words, I thin it's trying to resolve
symbols in functions I'm not using. Does anyone have comments on this?

The old aout linker didn't need me to specify libraries that were not in
my call-graph. THe new one seems to need them.

julian