Date:      Tue, 08 Feb 2011 16:05:01 +0300
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        arrowdodger <6yearold@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Request for new port review: TortoiseHG.

Hi,

08.02.2011 14:40, arrowdodger пишет:
> Hello. I've made a port for TortoiseHG (in fact, for its hgtk script). It is
> my first attempt in port creation, so i want someone to review it.
>
> The current problems are following:
> 1. The user can choose to not install nautilus extension and translation
> files (if defined(WITHOUT_NLS)). To prevent setup.py from installing those
> stuff, i've made two patches, that resides in ${FILESDIR}. They are
> generated from 'diff -u' and the problem is that they cannot be applied
> together. If i generate patches with simply 'diff', then everythink works,
> except that i should apply them manually (${PATCH} ${PYSETUP}<
> ${FILESDIR}/no-locale.patch).
> And what i've been told is that i should use EXTRA_PATCHES, insteand of
> invoking patch.
>
> 2. The port also installs *.egg-info file and i'm not sure how to include it
> in the plist.

It shouldn't be listed in pkg-plist, because it will be removed
automatically on port deinstall.

> 3. The port also depends on py-gobject port, but there is no such value in
> USE_GNOME. I've already mentioned that on freebsd-gnome@ and they said, that
> it will be fixed after 8.2-RELEASE.
>
> You can obtain port from attachement or here:
> http://intara.org.ru/tortoisehg.tar.gz
>
> Thanks in advance.

dirrm's for lib/nautilus and it's subdirectories should be dirrmtry's
actually, because it's doesn't created by tortoisehg-hgtk, but nautilus
or nautilus-plugins. Also consider to use:

USE_GETTEXT=	yes
INSTALLS_ICONS=	yes

In port's Makefile.

BLDDIR is defined but seems not used in Makefile. What it is for?

--
Regards,
Ruslan