Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:30:22 +0200
From:      eT <eT@post.com>
To:        Hackers FreeBSD <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   changing root device to ...

FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE

i have a scsi device and i want to change root to this device during startup. i added the
following line in my kernel config file:

config     kernel      root on sd0s1

but in the boot up, the message, "changing root device to wd0s1" keeps appearing and keeps
failing.  in my /etc/fstab i have the following entry:

/dev/sd0s1a        /    ufs   rw    1        1

does anyone have any ideas.

the sd0 is probed and attached successfully during startup, but the change root fails
because it keeps on trying to change root to a wd0 IDE.

any ideas?

eT