Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 16:19:04 -0500
From:      Noah Dunker <ndunker@jccc.net>
To:        'Annelise Anderson' <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Passwordless Printing

IF you want do do passwordless printing through
an ssh pipe... I did some research:

Read sections 2 and 5 in this document to set
up ssh using public-key authentication.  This
way, it won't prompt for a password:
http://sysadmin.oreilly.com/news/sshtips_0101.html

Then, after you have ssh set up to where you can
just type "ssh <hostname>" and log in with no prompts,
set netscape up to print to this command:

ssh <hostname> 'lpr <lpr options, if needed>'

It should work seamlessly.  I did this, just to see
if it'd work.  I got it to work great.

Hope this helps

Noah Dunker
Systems Analyst/Technician