Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:51:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Buggy PCMCIA support in 3.3-RC?

3.3-RC (today's snapshot) seems to have rather buggy PCMCIA support.
Card ejections aren't detected until another card is inserted, and often
any insert/remove events for a slot are completely ignored until a card is
inserted in the other slot.  pccardd gives "driver allocation failed"
about half the time and works the other half of the time.  I've trimmed
the irqs list in pccard.conf to remove 3 (which is pcic's) and 5 (which
is pcm0's).

Configuration (which works fine with 2.2.8-PAO):
Toshiba Libretto 110CT
  Toshiba ToPIC97 PCI-CardBus Bridge
  PC-Card Intel 82365 (5 mem and 2 I/O windows)

LinkSys Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard (EC2T)
Y-E Data PCMCIA Floppy Drive

Are there known bugs in 3.3's PC card support, are these new, or am I
doing something wrong?

Are things better under -current?  Is PC Card support playing nicely with
newbus?

Thanks,

--
Brian Buchanan                                     brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU