Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2011 22:30:35 +0100
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>, doconnor@gsoft.com.au, mikeh@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, nox@FreeBSD.org, grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: LIRC - Linux Infared Remote Control

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 09:37:50AM +0100, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 08:13:35 +0100, Lars Engels wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 08:22:23PM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> >> Putting 'infrared' into the search box here:
> >>  http://www.freebsd.org/ports/
> >> fails to list this port, because its description is spelled wrong.

Ooops, noted. :)

> >> Daniel no longer maintains this. So I suppose the listing, long
> >> description, and Makefile contacts should be cut over to ports@.
> >> Thanks.
> >
> > Probably nox@ should step up? :)
>
> Yeah, don't worry. nox@ is working on updating the lirc port:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2011-February/011636.html

 Yes, and I have now made the update install docs and example remotes
too:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/lirc/lirc-0.9.0p1_3.patch

 Committing the update to ports will have to wait until after the
end of the slush tho I think since the liblirc_client.so shilb
version was bumped and there a few ports that depend on the old
version that will have to be updated as well.

 In other news, the usb ftdi support,

	http://www.huitsing.nl/irftdi/

has been tested now, and it required the same workaround I had to
do for this mceusb device I tested here (making hw_default.c delay
trailing spaces until before the next pulse to get irrecord working),
that patch already was in my port update last time but for the benefit
of non-FreeBSD lirc users I've also put it here:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~nox/dvb/lirc/patch-daemons%3a%3ahw_default.c.txt

 Cheers,
	Juergen