Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2017 09:01:05 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        bapt@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT upgrade to xorg 1.18.4 and newer intel/ati DDX

On 01/24/17 00:55, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a call for testing for newer Xorg along with newer drivers: intel and
> ati.

Hello.
I know I'm late and this patch has already been integrated in the port
tree, but I'll report anyway.

I upgraded my two clients and both are working as before, i.e.:

_ the ATI box is running perfectly: I still need an xorg.conf, otherwise
I won't get full resolution on my CRT, D-SUB connected, screen;

_ the Intel box is still showing problems like screen corruption and
frequent hang-ups (requiring me to switch to console, kill -9 the X
server, then login again and restart any application I was running);
here I also had to switch to the modesetting driver, since with the old
one the X server didn't start anymore.

  bye & Thanks
	av.