Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 10:32:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Patterson <marpat@kmtnet.com>
To:        FreeBSD ISP List <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Linux ISP List <linuxisp@lightning.com>
Subject:   T1 offc. resell config

Hi Folks,

Looking for suggestions on how i might handle the following:
We're considering having a full T1 dropped into a 13-story office building.
Serveral of the tennents have expressed interest in getting access from us
already.  So we want to sell portions (fractionalize?) our T1 _within_
the office bldg.  Outside the building a little later ;-)

Initially, what's the *least* expensive way to go about this?  We only have
an initial budget of $10k. More if we can show a profit to the investors.

Current equipment -  an ET/5025 Router card (I think this card will do T1)
in a x386-Linux box; a 56/64k Adtran CSU/DSU (with buy back option);
FreeBSD P5/120mhz 32MB RAM, SCSI 2-1Gb HDD, 3Com-509 ethercard;
and a x486-66 w/16mb RAM.

Don't know if the building is wired to handle a T1.

What equip. do i use to break up our T1 into resellable portions for
potential clients ranging in need from 56kb - 128kb and above?

Any and all suggestions appreciated.
Thanks!!!

-- Mark P.
markp@kmtnet.com