Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:14:20 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Vincent Deffontaines <vincent.deffontaines@easynet.fr>
Cc:        Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: question about FreeBSD Port: ntp-4.0.99k

Hmm maybe I missed something here - having never actually used ntpd..
When you stop and restart it, or when you reboot the system, you might
have to copy some config files to the same locations under /usr/local;
e.g. copy /etc/ntpd.conf to /usr/local/etc/ntpd.conf or something.
I'm really not too clear on what config or state files ntpd uses,
so maybe someone more knowledgeable should fill that in.

G'luck,
Peter

--
This sentence is false.