Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2003 09:04:45 +0700
From:      Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How do you transfer a file.

At 04:53 AM 7/11/03, you wrote:

>On Thursday, July 10, 2003, at 05:00  PM, stan wrote:
>
>>On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 08:52:32PM +0000, DanB wrote:
>>>How do you transfer a file from one freebsd box to other using binary I
>>>think, its a tar.gz file?
>>>FTP has been disabled. on the boxes.
>>
>>sftp?
>
>Also:
>         scp foo.tar.gz host.net.org:

This is helpful. I have a similar, but somewhat more complex problem. I
want to backup the entire /usr/home directory to another machine on the
network. FTP has not been disabled (yet) and I have NcFTP installed. ssh is
also set up between the two machines, so scp is available. The first
machine has very little disk space available, so I don't think I can tar
the directory tree on the native machine. I've also installed the rsync
port. I don't have a time problem, I could leave the job running overnight.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome.

--
Roger