Date:      Fri, 6 Aug 1999 07:22:44 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely.de>
To:        pedro <pedro@crp.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ccdconfig and mirroring

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 02:58:00PM +1000, pedro wrote:
> Has anyone successful got mirroring working under 3.2-RELEASE.
> I have 2x4Gb SCSI drives and I have followed the steps that I could
> find at freebsd.org
>
> made ccd device
> added pseudo-device ccd 4 to kernel config
> disklabel -r -w d10 auto
> disklabel -e da1c   *I wasn't sure about this one so I changed the
> fstype
> ccdconfig ccd0 32 6 /dev/da0a /dev/da1c
> newfs /dev/rccd0c
>
> When I rebooted the machine it dosen't have a kernel to start in.
> I am now re-installing the machine so if anyone could give me an idea of
Sounds like you have shoot yourself in the foot.
As Greg statet try vinum.
vinum is not only the better choice for mirror than ccd, but it also protects
you succesfully from many 'shoot yourself in the foot' situations.

--
B.Walter                  COSMO-Project              http://www.cosmo-project.de
ticso@cicely.de             Usergroup                info@cosmo-project.de