Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:00:37 +0800 (SGT)
From:      Peter Ryan <pryan@singnet.com.sg>
To:        Malcolm Kay <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: java jdk14 install - cannot find file

Thanks Malcolm,

To make sure my eyes were not
playing tricks, I was careful to
do the KDE Find Files
using a copy&paste of the file
name in the error message - and
it was found exactly where I put it,
ie in /usr/ports/distfiles, which is
where it is supposed to be

The file is about 34MB, so is not
just a header, but anyway, the error
message says "... doesn't seem to exist".

Thanks very much for the advice on
finding files in the Konsole.

I used the find /usr/ports/distfiles -name
version from the Konsole, and it also found
the file. (I pasted the file name from the
error message to the end of the find
command - so I dont think there is any spelling
error)

This is baffling.

Thanks again
Peter