Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:41:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PORTS FREEZE on September 10

Hi,

After talking to various members of the release engineering team, it
has been decided that the ports tree will go into freeze in
preparation for 3.3-release at 6PM PST Friday September 10th 1999.  (I
believe that works out as 1AM GMT Saturday September 11th 2099, but
don't quote me on that.  I'm still working out Y2K bugs in my scripts.)

Also, I have changed the package building scripts to run 3-stable
builds continuously.  (The 4-current builds will resume after the
release.)

You can find the build errors and other assorted information at:

http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/

In particular interest should be:

http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/3-full/    (errors from last full run)
http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/3-latest/  (errors from latest (partial) run)
http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/packages-3-full/ (packages from last full run)

If you have a few spare minutes, please visit the site and see if you
can fix something listed there.  Thanks!

Satoshi (and the awesome ports team)