Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2018 14:26:35 +0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>, Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jules Gilbert via freebsd-pkg <freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Archives of last quarterly package builds?

On 4/8/18 9:09 pm, Rainer Duffner wrote:

>> Am 04.08.2018 um 08:39 schrieb Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org
>> <mailto:pi@freebsd.org>>:
>>
>> The idea is: use the quarterlies, and if the next quarter comes,
>> upgrade to that quarterly. The quarterlies are a way to test
>> if we can provide some 'more stable tree' than HEAD for the ports.
>>
>> It's not perfect, and we all learn the use cases and the issues etc.
>>
>> I don't have the overview over all the posts on that issues, so:
>> is there a text that describes alternative approaches ? Something
>> where implementation can be discussed ?

My issue is that just as it starts to get the bugs wrinkled out of it,
it's deleted.

I gave up.  and now we mirror the ports tree in house and do a build
of all the
packages at a given revision on the head branch,
and then OCCASIONALLY we slide a single package forward (or back) if
we were
unfortunate in our snapshot and caught it with a bug/problem.