Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 10:36:37 +1000
From:      Stanley.Hopcroft@aipo.gov.au
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   User mode ppp, -ddial fails to redial after Carrier drops

Dear Ladies and Gentelemen,

I am writing to ask for help with the superb user mode ppp.

I think I have followed the 2.2.5 man pages configuration for dial on
demand but when my modem drops carrier - frequent since it shares a line
with a Telstra (Australia) T200 handset - it does *not* redial.

The ppp.log does not show that Carrier has dropped and the ppp process
tries to deliver packets from IP to the other end.

kill -INT <ppp_proc> restarts but it only fails again ..

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,