Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:06:22 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez <jlalarcon@gawab.com>
Cc:        Lista freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Can't upload files to Internet

Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez wrote:
> Hooray Chuck!!!.
>
> Thanks you very much for your answer.

You're welcome.  (At least once in a while, I guess right.  :-)

> Down the mtu number to 1400 was the key
> for get the uploading work well in my
> FreeBSD system. The "default" mtu was
> 1500. Now i can upload every kind of
> files.

You're probably using either a DSL/PPPoE connection, or maybe some kind of
PPTP/VPN connection.  You might try using somewhat higher MTU numbers (1450,
1490) and use the largest one that does not cause the huge slowdown for best
performance.  You can also hunt down a "path MTU traceroute" utility to
determine exactly what the maximum value your network supports.

Note that you can put the MTU setting into the ifconfig line in /etc/rc.conf
for it to stick around after a reboot.

--
-Chuck