Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 20:01:44 -0800
From:      Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@rahul.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to rewrite the data field replaceable unit?

I have a scsi disk with two unreadable blocks.  The error messages
generated by the kernel include this:

   (da2:ahc0:0:2:0) Unrecovered read error - recommend rewrite the data field replaceable unit: 20 sks:80,a0

I would like to follow the recommendation.  How do I rewrite the data
field replaceable unit?  What exactly is a data field replaceable unit?

I did check with 'camcontrol modepage -m 1 -P 3' and confirmed that the
values of AWRE and ARRE are both 1.  So the SCSI disk is already doing
all the bad block mapping that it can.

Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@rahul.net>