Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:27:53 +0200
From:      Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan@gmail.com>
To:        Coleman Kane <cokane@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        x11@FreeBSD.org, jean-christophe <jean-christophe_11@orange.fr>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: xf86-video-radeonhd-1.2.1_1

Coleman Kane schreef:
> On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 18:41 +0200, jean-christophe wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> i would like know if a new version of radeonhd port is prevu.
>>
>> i read in the xorg wiki that the 3D support for my carte was bear with a
>> latest version of radeonhd and there dependances.
>>
>> i am not enough any experiences in freebsd for modify him self the port.
>>
>> i am with freebsd-current and it isn't with the actualy version of
>> radeonhd.
>>
>> i am waiting for install blender for working in my project.
>>
>> if not updating this port soon i must try to update him self but i am
>> not your experience and i was need more time as you to get a fonctionnal
>> port.
>>
>> thanks for your reply.
>> best regard
>> jean-christophe.
>
> Probably not until they release a new driver. However, I've just been
> following their git tree directly and that works pretty well for me.

( omitting ports@ )

Works here too, except that I'm now getting a "drmRadeonCmdBuffer: -22"
message when starting something which uses dri.  I have these options in
my 7.0R box:

device vga
options VESA
device agp

and I have drm and radeon loaded as module.  Maybe some code is out of sync?
Maybe that's also the cause of the black window syndrome?

Regards,
Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6 (subkeys.pgp.net)