Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:19:06 +0800
From:      "David Xu" <bsddiy@163.net>
To:        "Guilherme Oliveira" <guilherme@nortenet.pt>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Realtek 8139 very slow !

Hi,

it is possible a half/full duplex mode problem,  try to set it as correct
mode with you
HUB.  I am also using Realtek 8139 with FreeBSD 4.3-stable,   my machine is
a poor
Celeron 500, with 64M mem,  its damn fast,  of course our HUB is Cisco brand
HUB and router,  FTP upload/download is about 8.6M bytes/s on our 100M LAN.

David Xu