Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:54:07 -0500
From:      "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Entombing for FreeBSD

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 04:26:18PM -0400, The Classiest Man Alive wrote:

> For that matter, does it offer anything that a set of intelligent
> scripts/wrappers for common destructive commands wouldn't give you?

Well. It's in libc, so it works for all binaries that are dynamically
linked against libc.  We had someone around here debate its advantages
to an alias for rm that moves files into /tmp.  Ugh!

From AJK's website: http://www.physics.purdue.edu/~ajk/projects.html

> ... we replace the C library wrappers for the system calls open(),
> rename(), truncate(), and unlink() (and creat() on systems that
> have it) with versions that archive the file in a repository before
> doing the bona fide syscall.

 - Steve

--
C. Stephen Gunn, Computer Systems Engineer      <csg@physics.purdue.edu>
Physics Computer Network, Purdue University