Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 1999 22:54:49 -0500
From:      courtney@whtz.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serial Port

hey everyone- I have FreeBSD installed on an i386 machine and want to start
using it to communicate with devices via it's serial ports.  What device
would they be referred to as under FreeBSD.  (eg. what is com1 and com2
called?  ie. /dev/???)

also how would I set the port to communicate at 9600 7 Even 1?? Can someone
give me the string to enter at the command line to do this??

thanks in advance,
Bernie