Date:      Sat, 28 Nov 1998 17:50:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dennis Ostrovsky <denis.ostrovsky@yale.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xfree86 3.3.3 installation

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, Oleg Ogurok wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> Is there any better way to upgrade Xfree in 3.0-RELEASE rather than
> downloading source from xfree86.org? Can I cvsup it?

Yeah there is. I tried compiling the source (via ports of course) but it
seemed to want a whole bunch of tcl/tk junk (I have tcl, tk and tclX
installed), and would not compile.

So I just used the binary distribution provided on their ftp site,
ftp.xfree86.org. Just read the README files and follow the directions and
it should install flawlessly.

Dennis