Date:      Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:02:06 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        stakys <stakys@punktas.lt>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with JAIL in 4.8R

--FJ0JV+AOCbvjFtNn

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 06:41:47PM +0300, stakys wrote:
> I've tried in debug mode but do not gives any error when i get the timeou=
t,
> also my netmask set as you said. Any ideas how to solve it?

I would *still* bet on the firewall.  Could you add a 'log' keyword
to all the 'deny' rules in your ipfw ruleset (if you think that there
are none, please double-check to make sure that there really are
none; does ipfw list really not show any of them?), and see in your
syslog if something is being denied?

Also, it might be the firewall on the machine that you are trying
to connect *from* - the machine that you are running the SSH client on.
Are you sure it will not block an attempt to connect to the jail's
IP address on port 22?

A third option would be any devices between the two machines: routers,
cable modem gateways, other computers acting as gateways..

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence would be seven words long if it were six words shorter.

--FJ0JV+AOCbvjFtNn

--FJ0JV+AOCbvjFtNn--