Date:      Fri, 22 May 1998 09:13:00 -0300
From:      Capriotti <capriotti@geocities.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp aind dynamic IP

I have 3 main questions about PPP:

1) after connection has been stablished, how do I know ehat IP address was
issued to me ? I would like to pass this ip value to an environment
variable to be used by ipfw latter, what takes me to the second question:

2) How do I execute an external command after ppp has connected to my ISP
(from ppp.conf preferably, since it is used everytime I have to connect)? I
need to pass the IP address to the environment, AND to run IPFW commands
like ipfw delete 100 deny tcp from any to ${old_ip_number] via tun0; ipfw
add 100 deny tcp from any to $[new_ip_got_from_ips] via tun0.

It seems to be an easy way to keep my firewall working even with a DIAL-UP
loink to the internet.

Note: ppp -alias -auto being used, started from rc.d.

TIA.