Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:51:26 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        Ki-Yeol Park <lefance@kornet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NIC & ATA Contorller for AS1200

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 03:34:58AM +0900, Ki-Yeol Park wrote:
> I'm trying to run  FreeBSD 5.2R on an old DEC Alphaserver 1200 system.
>
> 1. Can I use rl(4) ethernet device on this system, though it is not
> recognized  by SRM Console?

The rl driver should work on alpha, although rl based cards are the
least efficient cards supported by FreeBSD.

> 2. Is there ANY  recommended ATA or ATA-RAID Controller I can use on
> this system?

Principaly all controllers should work that also work under i386, but
none is supported by SRM so you need a different media to boot from.

ticso@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de