Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:16:10 +0200
From:      Sven Petai <hadara@bsd.ee>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.3 broken on AlphaPC 164LX

hi

Hi I'm having some problems with getting 5.3 to work on
a pcalpha (AlphaPC 164LX). This box was running 5.2.1
until now without any problems. Basically it now panics
in most cases right after trying to execute init,
sometimes it just hangs there forever.
boot messages & panic & some ddb output is available @
http://bsd.ee/~hadara/debug/pcalpha/pcalpha_panic_08.11.2004.txt
kernel config is available at:
http://bsd.ee/~hadara/debug/pcalpha/kernel.txt

any debug ideas ?
if there aren't any better ones then I will just try to
trace down the commit that caused it by cvsuping up/down
but that will probably take at least a week...

PS
how can I tell kernel were it should dump core when it can't
reach userland to use dumpdev command ?
I tried various ways like setting dumpdev=/dev/ad2b from loader
and tried to compile it into kernel, without much luck

Sven Petai